Emergency Overview: White to light grey, odorless, viscous liquid DANGER Corrosive. Causes severe burns to skin, eyes and digestive tract. Harmful if swallowed or inhaled.
Routes of Entry:
INHALATION Breathing of mist is possible. Breathing this material is harmful and can cause death. Harmful effects include burns and permanent damage to the airways, including the nose, throat and lungs.
SKIN Causes skin burns and permanent skin damage.
EYES Causes burns and permanent injury to eye tissue. Can cause blindness.
INGESTION Swallowing this material may be harmful or cause death. Harmful effects include burns and permanent damage to the digestive tract, including the mouth, throat, stomach and intestines. Symptoms may include severe abdominal pain and vomiting of blood. Blood loss through damaged tissue can lead to low blood pressure and shock.